Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Words of Inspiration and Motivation




"In order to support optimal learning in young children, early caregivers and educators have to have a deep understanding of and respect for the knowledge children bring to early care and education settings and services; and recognize that children are shaped by a cultural model of care and competence held by their family and community." -Aisha Ray, 2015


"We wanted more respect and better pay for ourselves, but we were just as deeply committed to upgrading the care and education of young children, and to making child care affordable and accessible to all families. To us, teacher's rights were essential to ensuring the rights of children." - Marcy Whitebook, 2013


"Everything in me was being called on to teach. It became my life long work."
 -Louise Derman-Sparks


"I always felt I owed the families my best." -Renatta M. Cooper


 Motivation and inspiration can come from many sources. 
Above are a few of mine, I hope they inspire you! 

7 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading all of the quotes that you shared! I too, love the quote by Louise Derman-Sparks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I just felt her passion when she talked about early childhood. I truly feel this field is a calling. Thank you for your response! :)

      Delete
  2. I love all of your quotes!! Mr. Rogers was the best! I loved him when I was a child and watched him everyday. Truly a man of great wisdom and passion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love Mr. Rogers too! We actually just talked about him at our last staff meeting and about how calm and intentional he was. Such an inspiration! Thanks for your response!

      Delete
  3. The last quote about 'play' has impressed me the most. Children learn so much through play and we can take advantage of this, to include important and sometimes tougher lessons during play so children can easily conceptualize them whilst having fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I think I learn more when I can put it in context of a fun memory, a song etc. We all have varying learning styles and I like the challenge of determining which learning style each of the children in my classroom has and trying to teach them in that way. Thanks for your comments!

      Delete