Tuesday, September 6, 2016

A Sad Day For Children's Literature

Today I found out that Anna Dewdney author of the Llama, Llama series children all over the world have come to love, passed away on September 3, 2016.  I am saddened for her family and friends as well as for myself and other educators that have used these books for a multitude of teaching opportunities. Tonight I take a moment to remember her work. Tomorrow, I plan to read her books to the children in my classroom and smile as they smile, laugh and ask me to "read it again!" Thank you Anna Dewdney for your contribution to the Early Childhood field. May you rest in peace.

6 comments:

  1. I too was saddened to hear about this loss. What a great tribute to a wonderful child's author. May we forever remember her work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I read that she asked for people to not mourn but to read to a child in her honor. :) Just priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Rachel. My condolences to you and everyone else affected on her passing. Through you,I have come to know her as we all share(d) the passion for early childhood. But at least she has left a mark to be remembered for in the field. I hope we do the same. I am also grieved. What was the book all about in general? And by the way, would you mind re-posting your comment on my blog. I lost all my postings and I had to do it all over again. I will really appreciate if you do so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book was one in a series about a llama. Llama Llama gets mad at momma, misses momma, is sick at home with momma and even wears red pajamas! They are fun, rhyming books that the children in my classroom really enjoy. I tried to re-post my comment on your blog and was not able to do so. I am not sure why it would not post. I did enjoy your post however and was grateful to hear your story about your daughter. Thanks for your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rachel I have not read this book but it looks like an interesting book for reading to my grandson. He is 19 months but loves to be read to. We have a small collection of books that he loves. He would love this picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi James. There is an entire series of Llama Llama books! I bet your grandson would LOVE them! If you show them to him, please let me know how he likes them!

    ReplyDelete