Monday, April 23, 2018

Time Well Spent

Wow! I cannot believe that this journey is coming to an end. I am excited to see what lies ahead for all of us, anxious to take on new challenges and a little happy to have a bit more free time on my hands! 🤣

I have had several things that have resonated deep inside of me over the course of the last 22 months. I have learned a lot about myself, my passions and my goals. I have learned that I need other people more than I have ever realized. We truly are all in this together! I have learned to open up and allow myself to see other's points of view, challenge my own belief system and hold onto the things that mean the most to me. I have learned that as an early childhood educator, I am already an advocate for young children and families, yet there is so much work left to do. I have learned that I am capable and have the knowledge and skills to be a part of that work. Lastly, I have found that research is not nearly as scary as I thought it to be and it is a powerful resource for this field that should be embraced.

A long-term goal that I have is to teach early childhood courses online for people who are just beginning their journey in this field and to mentor new teachers. Another goal is to open a consulting business I have tentatively titled "From the Inside Out" to help educate professionals, parents and the community about trauma-informed care.

It is hard to think that this journey is coming to an end. I am forever grateful for the connections I have made at Walden, for the instructors, for specifically Dr. Ernst always being encouraging and supportive when I email my fifteenth question for the week! I am thankful for the immense participation in discussion especially this term. I have found the support and words of my classmates to be a lifeline. I appreciate you all and I wish you all well! I look forward to continuing to connect with you all if that is a desire that you have. My email is rmennis08@gmail.com. I am also on Facebook! :) I look forward to reading your blogs and seeing where your passions take you!
Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Below is just a little inspiration I found I thought might encourage you and a snapshot of myself. 

 


























2 comments:

  1. Rachel, Thank you for sharing your story. I love that you may want to teach adults. It is something I have been thinking of as well. I hope to see you at commencement! I know it is something I have been looking forward to and sharing with my own children. :)

    All the best,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I haven't decided about commencement yet. We are celebrating with my family this weekend. ❤️ I hope you and your family enjoy this beautiful moment! I wish you well!
      Rachael

      Delete