While all of the ideals in NAEYC’s code of ethics resonate
with me, these are three that I feel are close to my heart at this time in my
journey.
I-1.1—To be familiar with the knowledge base of early
childhood care and education and to stay informed through continuing education
and training (NAEYC, 2005).
This ideal is one of the driving forces for my continued
education. I want to stay current with my knowledge of child development and
the field of early childhood. I feel that by continuing my education, my professional
goals can be met and new goals can be established.
I-1.12—To work with families to provide a safe and smooth
transition as children and families move from one program to the next (NAEYC,
2005).
Families are one of my passions. Establishing and
maintaining relationships with parents and extended family only deepens
connection with children. With deepened connections, trust is established and
learning can take place. That’s my goal. Respect families, learn from them as
the experts on their child and hopefully help them in some area or another.
I-3A.1—To establish and maintain relationships of respect,
trust, confidentiality, collaboration, and cooperation with co-workers (NAEYC,
2005).
This ideal correlates with a new found passion of mine. I
have a strong desire to establish and maintain relationships with other
professionals in the field. I have these relationships with my immediate
co-workers and the team of professionals at the center I currently work in,
however, I am hoping to learn how to network and establish relationships with
those professionals outside of my small immediate circle.
NAEYC's Code of Ethics can be found:
NAEYC. (2005, April). Code of ethical conduct and statement of commitment. Retrieved May 26, 2010, from
http://www.naeyc.org/files/naeyc/file/positions/PSETH05.pdf
http://www.naeyc.org/files/naeyc/file/positions/PSETH05.pdf
I feel that it is always important to continue in educating oneself. There are always new bits of information and new studies and techniques that can be useful to anyone. I feel that it important to learn new information and techniques to keep you interested and passionate about the field you are in.
ReplyDeleteIdeal 3A.1 is one that stood out to me on your post. I have come to understand the significance of building relationships with my colleagues. So much more can be accomplished when everyone is on the same page. Great post!
ReplyDeleteDear Rachel,
ReplyDeleteI thoroughly appreciate your thoughts, experiences, and expertise in the field of early childhood. I1.1 was an Ideal I considered as well. You took my belief: With knowledge, all goals become possible, one step further to include, “New ones can be established.” Thank you for always pushing me to think bigger and broader.
Lynnette
I really like the ethics you picked. Each one very important!!
ReplyDeleteHello Rachael,
ReplyDeleteThe ideal about forming and maintaining healthy relationships with co-workers also does quite a lot for me. We need one another for support and so we have to do everything we can to keep the healthy relationships going. Sour relationships may reflect on our performance as professionals, and later on, on that of the children. Thanks for speaking to my heart!
Hello Rachael,
ReplyDeleteI feel that collaboration and cooperation in the work place helps build the trust in both the students and teachers. I also feel that you have chosen good codes of ethics. Good luck!
Serena Sanders
Rachael,
ReplyDeleteYou have been of great support throughout this course. You have shared many wonderful insights and resources. The positivity that you show is contagious! Best of luck to you!
Rachael,
ReplyDeleteAs we come to the end of this course, I want to thank you in a special way for the support you have rendered to me throughout the course. You have encouraged me with words of impact and made me think beyond my little box. As I read your posts, it made me to aim high and it has really contributed to my success in this course. And thank you for allowing me to be of positive impact to you as well. I wish you good health and God's divine favor to continue excelling in your professional journey. I hope to meet with you one day to share our achievements and thank you in person. All the best!